Want to share examples of your imaginative practices with other educators? Here’s how.
Imaginative Math Teaching: Examples
Read how Imaginative Educators are reconceptualizing how we teach Mathematics to students. Below you will find a variety of topics surrounding Math education, explore the possibilities IE in Math has to offer!
- Creativity in Math Education: Posts on sparking creativity and wonder in the Math classroom.
- Imagination in Math Education: Tips on engaging and growing imagination in the Math classroom.
- Indigenous Perspectives in Math Education: Employing Indigenous frameworks in the Math classroom.
- Imaginative Elementary Math Teaching: Hear from Elementary teachers the ways they have effectively connected their students to Math.
- Math’s Heroic Qualities: How finding the Heroic Qualities of Math can evoke our students’ emotions.
- The Power of Story in Math: Hear how finding the Story in Math will identify the emotional significance of the topic you are teaching.
Calling All Imaginative (Math) Teachers (By Gillian Judson)
Employing Imagination In Mathematics To Achieve Success (By Fred Harwood)
Integrating Indigenous Worldviews Into Secondary Math Teaching (By Christine Younghusband)
I Tell (Math) Stories (By Gabe Mateescu)
Imaginative Science Teaching: Examples
Read how teachers are making Science come ALIVE for students of all ages. Below you will find a variety of topics surrounding Science education, explore the possibilities IE in Science has to offer!
- Ecological/Placed-Based Inquiry: Utilizing the natural environment in Science Education.
- Imaginative Secondary Science Insights: Insights from Secondary School Science Educators.
- Resources for Imaginative Science Teachers: Helpful resources for Science teachers wanting to improve their educational practice.
- Science and Art: Incorporating visual arts in Science education.
- Science and Reading: Incorporating literacy techniques in Science education.
- Imaginative Elementary Science Teaching: Imaginative approaches to Elementary Science education.
Taking Senior Science Students Outside With Purpose (By April McKnight)
The Scientific Imagination Process: Some Research & Analysis (By Jenny Willis)
What Is Worth Knowing In Science? (By Judy Dabideen-Sonachansingh)
Bringing 21st Century Electrons To A High School Near You (By Judy Dabideen-Sonachansingh)
4 Resources All Imaginative Science (CHEMISTRY) Teachers Need (By Gillian Judson)
Calling All Imaginative (Science) Teachers (By Gillian Judson)
STEAM: Learning Science With Art, Imagination & Creativity (By Jailson Lima)
Engaging Students in Highschool Biology: Using Comic Strips (By Iman Dernayka)
Incorporating Art In The Science Curriculum (By Jailson Lima)
Unleashing The Imagination In The Natural Sciences With The Visual Arts (By Jailson Lima)
A Cell-ebration Of Reading: A Science & Literacy Project (By Melissa Chouinard-Jahant)
Scientist of the Week: Always A Hit! (By Stephanie Musgrove)