LiD teachers and LiD kids have lots to say about the Learning in Depth program! Below you will find a variety of posts that delve into the different topics surrounding LiD. Explore them all and a get a sense of the range of experiences and possibilities LiD offers.
- Starting a LiD Program: How to start LiD in your classroom.
- Why LiD?: The importance of Lid for student learning and imagination.
- LiD Kids: Hear what LiD Kids have to say about their topics and LiD journeys
- Reflections on LiD: Learn more about the way LiD has affected educators.
- How LiD Impacts School Culture: See how LiD impacts school culture and organization
- Ongoing Assessment of LiD Learning: Teachers sharing how they assess their students and a special feature on spinndle, an innovative online self-assessment tool for LiD kids
- Ecological/Place-Based LiD Inquiry: Resources for creating an ecological and Place-based LiD experience (LiD IEE)
- LiD International: Spotlight on some LiD schools/projects worldwide
The Secret to LiD Success?—A Cognitive Tool Approach to Learning (By Michael D. Datura)
Give LiD A Try? (Guest Post By Jocelyn McIntosh)
Recommendations For Running A Successful Learning In Depth Program In Your School (Guest Post By Ian Thomas)
Doing Learning In Depth (LiD): 10 Tips For Success (Guest Post By Courtney Robertson)
Putting Principles Of The Learning In Depth Program (LiD) Into Practice (Guest Post By Yamanda Kaychouhi Boukmakh)
Living Learning in Depth – LiD Resources by Linda Holmes (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Why LiD? Why Now? (By Nicole Kunkel)
Why Learning in Depth? (Guest Post By Linda Holmes)
The Magic of LiD: Moving Learning Beyond Classroom Walls (By Kavita Hoonjan)
I’m A LiD Kid: I Study Pests (By Kristen Swaren, LiD Kid, Grade 6)
LiD & The Library: Reflections From 3 Teacher-Librarians (By Gillian Judson)
Re-imagining How We Engage Students in Self-Assessment (By Nicole Kunkel)
Spinndle for LiD: Supporting Assessment Through an Online Tool (By Nicole Kunkel)
Learning In Depth Meets Imaginative Ecological Education (By Gillian Judson)
In Praise of Idle Time: Taking LiD Outdoors (By Michael D. Datura)
Learning In Depth: We Are Thinkers, We Are Communicators, We Are Creators (Guest Post By Tara Scott)
How LiD Connects To Curriculum Topics In Ms. Cowan’s Classroom (Guest Post By Olwen Cowan)
Un-LiD-Ing Creative Genius: Aufemina (By Judy Dabideen-Sonachansingh)
LiD Opening Ceremony in Brazil (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
LiD—Updates from Brazil (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Stories from Italy – Scuola dell’Infanzia Malaguzzi (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Stories from Italy 2 – Elementary School San Geminiano (By Carolina Bergonzoni)