LiD teachers and LiD kids have lots to say about the Learning in Depth program! Below you will find a variety of posts that delve into the different topics surrounding LiD. Explore them all and a get a sense of the range of experiences and possibilities LiD offers.
- Starting a LiD Program: How to start LiD in your classroom.
- Why LiD?: The importance of Lid for student learning and imagination.
- LiD Kids: Hear what LiD Kids have to say about their topics and LiD journeys
- Reflections on LiD: Learn more about the way LiD has affected educators.
- How LiD Impacts School Culture: See how LiD impacts school culture and organization
- Ongoing Assessment of LiD Learning: Teachers sharing how they assess their students and a special feature on spinndle, an innovative online self-assessment tool for LiD kids
- Ecological/Place-Based LiD Inquiry: Resources for creating an ecological and Place-based LiD experience (LiD IEE)
- LiD International: Spotlight on some LiD schools/projects worldwide
The Secret to LiD Success?—A Cognitive Tool Approach to Learning (By Michael D. Datura)
Give LiD A Try? (Guest Post By Jocelyn McIntosh)
Recommendations For Running A Successful Learning In Depth Program In Your School (Guest Post By Ian Thomas)
Putting Principles Of The Learning In Depth Program (LiD) Into Practice (Guest Post By Yamanda Kaychouhi Boukmakh)
Living Learning in Depth – LiD Resources by Linda Holmes (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Why LiD? Why Now? (By Nicole Kunkel)
Why Learning in Depth? (Guest Post By Linda Holmes)
The Magic of LiD: Moving Learning Beyond Classroom Walls (By Kavita Hoonjan)
I’m A LiD Kid: I Study Pests (By Kristen Swaren, LiD Kid, Grade 6)
A Reflection On Five Years Of Learning In Depth (By Terri Zolob)
LiD & The Library: Reflections From 3 Teacher-Librarians (By Gillian Judson)
Re-imagining How We Engage Students in Self-Assessment (By Nicole Kunkel)
Spinndle for LiD: Supporting Assessment Through an Online Tool (By Nicole Kunkel)
Learning In Depth Meets Imaginative Ecological Education (By Gillian Judson)
In Praise of Idle Time: Taking LiD Outdoors (By Michael D. Datura)
Learning In Depth: We Are Thinkers, We Are Communicators, We Are Creators (Guest Post By Tara Scott)
How LiD Connects To Curriculum Topics In Ms. Cowan’s Classroom (Guest Post By Olwen Cowan)
Un-LiD-Ing Creative Genius: Aufemina (By Judy Dabideen-Sonachansingh)
LiD Opening Ceremony in Brazil (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
LiD—Updates from Brazil (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Stories from Italy – Scuola dell’Infanzia Malaguzzi (By Carolina Bergonzoni)
Stories from Italy 2 – Elementary School San Geminiano (By Carolina Bergonzoni)